VLC media player is one of the best media players which supports all most all types of Audio and Video files. As it supports multiple Audio and Video formats, people love to use VLC media player for Watching Videos, Movies etc., If you are watching a movie which is not familiar then you may need subtitles to understand it. There are many ways to Download Subtitles for a movie. In this article, I’ll explain How to download Subtitles for Any movie in any Language using VLC media player.
We can use VLSUB extension of VLC media player to download Subtitles. VLSUB will search and download subtitles from Open subtitles by using the hash code of the video currently playing or the title of the video. Finding Subtitle for a movie is not a big deal but VLSUB extension can easily search for subtitles and download them with VLC media player.
To download subtitles using VLSUB just follow these simple steps.
1. Download VLSUB extension for VLC media player.
2. After downloading the zip file, Extract it and copy vlsub.lua from extracted folder.
3. Now create a folder with name extensions in the directory.
4. After the folder is created, Paste the vlsub.lua (which you’ve copied from extracted Folder) to extensions folder.
vlsub.lua should be copied to C:Program FilesVideoLANVLCluaextensions
5. Now Play any movie in your VLC media player. Go to view and click on VLsub option
6. Click on search by hash or search by name button to search for subtitle track. Select the subtitle which you think be the best for your movie and click on Download selection button.
7. After the subtitle is downloaded, you’ll see a success message subtitles loaded.
Subtitle will automatically add to your movie and will start appearing in your movie.